About Dry Grasses
A young teacher hopes to be appointed to Istanbul after mandatory duty at a small village. After long time waiting he loses all hope of escaping from this gloomy life. However, his colleague Nuray helps him to regain a perspective.
Nuri Bilge Ceylan
Deniz Celiloglu, Merve Dizdar, Musab Ekici
Turkey, France, Germany, Sweden
Tickets On Sale Soon
- "ABOUT DRY GRASSES is part-Chekovian comedy of yearning and male ego, and part-tragedy of a country which stymies the growth of its own citizens."
- "ABOUT DRY GRASSES is a ravishingly cinematic piece of work that seems designed to spark animated, if not acrimonious, debate."
- Screen Daily
- "This is Ceylan at his most limber and mischievous, the filmmaking exhibiting a generosity and curiosity that belies the script’s defense of individualist, even isolationist, living, at whatever cost to one’s own happiness."
- "Above all, the film captures how easy it is to deposit too much hope on the few who represent dissent, or freedom, when one is trapped."
- Slant Magazine
- "ABOUT DRY GRASSES is among the most brilliantly off-putting works to be featured at Cannes in recent years, with so rotten a core that every hint of virtue or even normalcy in the camera’s peripheral vision becomes a tragedy unto itself, simply by way of being ignored."
- Cannes Film Festival
- Lumiere Awards
- Melbourne Int'l Film Festival
- Toronto Int'l Film Festival
- Helsinki Int'l Film Festival
- Karlovy Vary Int'l Film Festival
- Singapore Int'l Film Fetival
- São Paulo Int'l Film Festival
- Vermont Int'l Film Festival
- Montclair Film Festival
- New York Film Festival
- Virginia Film Festival
- Parool Film Festival
- and more...