Hapless family man Paul Matthews finds his life turned upside down when millions of strangers suddenly start seeing him in their dreams.
But when his nighttime appearances take a nightmarish turn, Paul is forced to navigate his newfound stardom, in this wickedly entertaining comedy from writer-director Kristoffer Borgli (Sick of Myself) and producer Ari Aster.
Nicolas Cage, Julianne Nicholson, Michael Cera
- "Over the span of his 120-plus film career, Nicolas Cage has been a lot of things — but he may have never been as flat-out hilarious as he is in DREAM SCENARIO."
- The Hollywood Reporter
- "DREAM SCENARIO is simply the best absurdist comedy of its kind since “Anomalisa” (the Kaufman connection being further cemented by a Cage performance that feels like it was born from superimposing both of his “Adaptation” characters on top of each other. …And also by a running joke about antkind)."
- "Too well-schooled in the social physics of the internet to come off as a scold against it, writer-director Kristoffer Borgli dexterously skewers a callous culture that cultivates, digests, and disposes of its novelty acts with the blazing-fast speed of a good WiFi connection."
- The Guardian
- "This is an ambitious, often provocative interrogation of masculinity, cancel culture, social media, and the power of celebrity through a humorous lens."
- Screen Daily
- Toronto Int'l Film Festival
- Chicago Int'l Film Festival
- San Diego Int'l Film Festival
- Sitges Int'l Fantastic Film Festival
- Zurich Film Festival
- Montclair Film Festival
- Mumbai Int'l Film Festival
- Indie Memphis Film Festival
- Philadelphia Film Festival