EMILY imagines the transformative, exhilarating, and uplifting journey to womanhood of a rebel and a misfit, one of the world's most famous, enigmatic, and provocative writers who died too soon at the age of 30.
Emma Mackey, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Fionn Whitehead
- "Mackey convinces us that there are so many more colours to EMILY than the ones she is allowed to display. Her thoughtful, understated performance matches a film that teases out the flesh-and-blood emotions from the stuff of gothic romance."
- Screen Daily
- "With EMILY, Frances O’Connor has crafted a first film that feels like the work of an accomplished master."
- The Playlist
- "With her angular face and penetrating gaze, Mackey commands the screen, confidently shepherding us through Emily’s mercurial moods. Her eyes — darting nervously at one moment, squinting suspiciously at another — tells us what dialogue can’t."
- The Hollywood Reporter
- Stockholm Film Festival
- Dinard British Film Festival
- Toronto Int'l Film Festival
- Vancouver Int'l Film Festival
- Stockholm Int'l Film Festival
- Palm Springs Int'l Film Festival