Memories of My Father
The story about a Colombian writer's father. His father was an University md professor who promoted tolerance and human rights in his country. Writer exposes his feelings related to his lovely father and he describes his family story and all drama related with the killing of his father. It is a moving film based on a book with the same title. It is a sample of violence related events to political Colombia's social life during last three decades.
Javier Cámara, Nicolás Reyes Cano, Juan Pablo Urrego
Spanish, Italian, English
- "There's a relaxed warmth to the, largely, lowkey events, that encourages us to cosy up to the family."
- Eye for Film
- "A touch overlong and soapy and awkwardly structured. But it's still an engrossingly watchable drama."
- Observer (UK)
- "This is a wonderfully sympathetic, deeply felt and tenderly funny family drama with a novelistic attention to details and episodes..."
- Goya Awards
- The Platino Awards for Iberoamerican Cinema
- San Sebastián Int'l Film Festival
- BCN Film Fest
- Film by the Sea Film Festival
- BCN Film Fest)