Wallflower Lennon Gates (Sylvie Mix) yearns for access to the inner sanctum of the underground music scene in Columbus, Ohio. When she creates a podcast to interview the local artists she adores, Lennon discovers her own musical ambitions, develops a fast friendship with the striking, confident performer Bobbi Kitten, and in the process creates an identity not wholly her own. Soon, Lennon’s aspirations, with some constructive coaxing from Bobbi to find her voice, lead her down a path of dark obsession.
Ori Segev & Noah Dixon
Sarah Achor, Joey Aich, Aujolie Baker
- "This is no navel-gazing, regional subcultural circle jerk; sometimes dark, frequently self-depreciative and often dryly funny, there is a sad, bleak heart to Poser that is where its ultimate impact is contained."
- AWFJ Women on Film
- "POSER is a beautifully shot and intriguingly cast obsession thriller that invites the audience into the Columbus, Ohio music scene for a story we've seen before told in an interesting new way."
- Cultured Vultures
- Nordic Int'l Film Festival
- Middlebury New Filmmakers Festival
- Nashville Film Festival
- Florida Film Festival
- Thessaloniki Int'l Film Festival
- Hamburg Film Festival
- American Film Festival
- Tribeca Film Festival