Special Q&A with director Sabrina Doyle on July 30 Wayland (Pablo Schreiber) has been in prison for 15 years for armed robbery. Upon his release, he returns to his blue-collar hometown and by chance reconnects with his high school girlfriend Dolores (Jena Malone), now a single mother struggling to support her three kids, who are all named after different shades of blue. Soon after their reunion, Wayland moves in with the chaotic family and becomes a reluctant yet much-needed father figure. Struggling to pay the bills, Wayland finds himself drawn back to his old ways just as Dolores' pre-motherhood dreams start to drift to the surface. A film made by #OregonMade
Jena Malone, Pablo Schreiber, Gretchen Corbett, Quinn Liebling
- "LORELEI is compelling and heart-wrenching, with emotional intelligence and sophistication that strikes deep. A beautiful film with truly impressive chemistry out of the leads."
- Film Inquiry
- "LORELEI, a moving character study, has Jena Malone's best character to play, as well as her best performance, in years."
- "A film that appreciates the value of fantasy in the bleakest of circumstances, LORELEI deftly balances despair and hope."
- Eye for Film
- "Nothing feels forced in [Sabrina] Doyle's feature debut, which is constantly enlivened by small, attentive details that never fail to pay off."
- Moveable Fest
- Mannheim-Heidelberg Int'l Filmfestival
- Miami Film Festival
- Fargo Film Festival
- Deauville Film Festival
- Moscow Int'l Film Festival
- Portland Int'l Film Festival
- Cleveland Int'l Film Festival
- Miami Int'l Film Festival
- Deauville American Film Festival
- Pendance Film Festival
- Tribeca Film Festival