Experiential cinema in its purest form, GUNDA chronicles the unfiltered lives of a mother pig, a flock of chickens, and a herd of cows with masterful intimacy. Using stark, transcendent black and white cinematography and the farm's ambient soundtrack, Master director Victor Kossakowsky invites the audience to slow down and experience life as his subjects do, taking in their world with a magical patience and an other worldly perspective. GUNDA asks us to meditate on the mystery of animal consciousness, and reckon with the role humanity plays in it. Executive Produced by Joaquin Phoenix.
- "Sublimely beautiful and profoundly moving, it offers you the opportunity to look — at animals, yes, but also at qualities that are often subordinated in narratively driven movies, at textures, shapes and light."
- The New York Times
- "GUNDA may be a meditational slow-burn, but as it unfurls its immersive audiovisual tapestry it hovers between non-fiction observation and lyrical insight, and to that end feels like an advancement of the nature documentary form."
- "No party-line screed, Gunda is a soul-stirring meditation on some of our most underappreciated fellow earthlings. For many viewers, it could well be life-changing too."
- The Hollywood Reporter
- Stockholm Film Festival
- Cinema Eye Honors Awards
- Berlin Int'l Film Festival
- La Roche-sur-Yon Film Festival
- Thessaloniki Int'l Film Festival
- Int'l Documentary Festival Amsterdam
- Stockholm Int'l Film Festival
- Bergen Int'l Film Festival
- Hamptons Int'l Film Festival
- Denver Int'l Film Festival
- Glasgow Film Festival
- Virginia Film Festival
- Hawaii Film Festiva
- Zurich Film Festival
- Crested Butte Film Festival
- Montclair Film Festival
- and more...